When tempest tossed, embrace chaos

To market, to market

Melbourne has alot of markets but I think the South Melbourne market surpasses them all in terms of atmosphere, cleanliness and quality of stalls enticing you to part with your money. I always find the atmosphere fills me with a sense of childish excitement and eagerness to have a look at everything!


Markets always bring out my inner Parisienne and I just have to buy flowers and pretend I'm in Paris, wandering the aisles and stalls soaking up the buzz of market day with a bunch of blooms tucked in my elbow. It's quite tragic.

Today I bought Snap Dragons and vegetables. What do you think of my food styling? I know, I missed my calling.


See that orange shopping bag? It is the most wonderful enviro bag I have ever used. 

They're hand made by a woman in Melbourne from super stretchy mesh and defy belief in the amount of weight they can hold. I have one in hot pink and vibrant orange and if I had $1 for every time a sales assistant said, "I love your bag!" I'd be raking it in. I really should become a rep. 


They come in a huge range of colours and sizes and squish down to a tiny ball to fit in any pocket or handbag. You really should buy one at www.econetbags.com

Snap dragons are excessively pretty but I won't be buying them again. This is about half the blooms I bought. All the heads fell off when I unwrapped the bunch. Don't you hate it when flowers do that? 


I always strip all the leaves off the stalks so the water doesn't go moldy and stinky. There's nothing worse than the look or whiff of slimy, submerged leaves spoiling the beauty of the flowers. 

Next time, roses.

xx Kiki


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers