When tempest tossed, embrace chaos

The Colours of Summer

Don't vegetables taste one billion times better in summer? I cooked this last night, one of my favourite meals. Doesn't it look healthy? I feel so balanced every time I make it. The corn, carrots and asparagus were so sweet and tender. I keep telling myself I should only eat food in season, and this is why.


I also try to put as many colours on my plate as possible. Apparently different coloured vegetables and fruits contain unique nutrients, so our bodies get a wider variety of health benefits the more colours we consume.

The marinated lamb is about the size of my palm, also apparently the adequate size for our protein needs.  I'm not clever enough to marinate it myself - I am loyal to one butcher at the South Melbourne Market based on this amazing marinated lamb alone.

More importantly, though, what's on my nails?

As summer in Melbourne starts to slowly fade, I decided to crack out one of my brightest orange nailpolishes to make the most of summer colours while I can. 

Check out this exact dupe of OPIs Atomic Orange.  I'm not kidding, Modelista's On Location - Hawaii is completely indistinguishable. I know because I bought this when I was wearing Atomic Orange.

Not for wallflowers - this is definitely a head turning colour. I'm loving it on my tips and toes. I may even leave it on for more than a day. 

xx Kiki

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers